Saturday, June 5, 2010

May Music

Elbow - The Bones Of You
Hadouken! - Crank It Up
Hyperstory - A Happening
Imogen Heap - 2 1
Iron & Wine* & Calexico - Dark Eyes
Kate Nash - Pumpkin Soup
Lily Allen - Friday Night
Minus the Bear - Hooray
Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band - Albatross, Albatross, Albatross
Paolo Nutini - Jenny Don't Be Hasty
Santogold - Say Aha
Simian Mobile Disco - Pinball
Stereophonics - Mr Writer
Tape Deck Mountain - Ghost Colony
Tellison - Gallery
The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Around the Bend
The Blank Theory - Sour Times
The Bravery - I Am Your Skin
The Bravery - Unconditional
The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Oh My Love
The Cooper Temple Clause - Music Box
The Cooper Temple Clause - Sister Soul
The Eels - Your Lucky Day In Hell
The Faint - The Geeks Were Right
The Go Find - Everybody Knows It's Gonna Happen Only Not Tonight
The Gossip - Pop Goes The World (James Ford Version)
The Gutter Twins - Idle Hands
The National - Available I've already listened to this song more than 50 times. srsly.
The Papertiger Sound - Magnetic North
The Pigeon Detectives - Keep on Your Dress
The Submarines - You, Me and the Bourgeoisie
The Subways - I Won't Let You Down
The Wombats - My Circuitboard City
Van She - It Could be the Same
Van She - Sex City
Wickhead - Sacrifice
You Me At Six - Jealous Minds Think Alike
You Me At Six - Poker Face (Lady Gaga cover)

As usual:
Bold = I have other songs by them in my mp3/cd collection
Italic = I'd heard but didn't like other songs by them
Neither = never heard of them before


* So...what do you sing in the shower? "Freedom Hangs Like Heaven" by Iron & Wine is one of the songs I usually sing. The other two songs are "Mekong" by The Refreshments and "The Letter" by The Boxtops. "Heroin Girl" by Everclear and "Zero" by The Smashing Pumpkins sometimes happen too.


"Desire. Feelings. Are you available for...Are you available?" - Moving Units, Available

1 comment:

  1. You have awesome musical taste! I loved Crystal Castles' reimagining of Sex City (as "Vanished") but I had never heard the original, now I'm compulsively devouring Van She's entire discography.

    -Electric Warrior from SDMB

    ReplyDelete