Thursday, May 13, 2010

Just when you think you're out...

I thought I was going to have this week off from work, but it didn't turn out that way. The project from hell wasn't even over 24 hours before I got called in to proof read some training materials, and the week got weirder from there. Weirder in one regard than I can really cope with in a mature manner (near total avoidance isn't mature), and one in much nicer way.

So, this is what I would have done if I'd actually had the week off...

* worked really hard on my pansy garden. Last Thursday, when I still thought I had time off, I bought a dozen six packs of pansies to add to the ones I already had, and the plan was to plant them all and put in mulch. So far I've planted 2/3rds of them and the mulch is still in the basement. I don't even particularly like the color pink, but I still find myself looking for ones that look like this to contrast the purples, wine reds, yellows and oranges I've already got.

* indulged in an Andrew-Lee Potts marathon. You probably don't even know who he is, but a few months ago I fell in love with the characters he played in Alice and Primeval. I've watched everything with him in it that I can get my hands on. And I've seen Alice five times since it first aired on syfy in December. Don't judge me!

* maybe have gotten some writing done on Pull - that novel about bringing people back from the afterlife - and/or various short stories. Maybe not, it's hard to say. I've been too drained to do much lately, and it's kind of frustrating...there's a flash fiction contest this weekend that I want to do, and maybe that'll help me get back in the right mindset.

* actually played the new version of Dance Dance Revolution I bought last week.

* gotten around to this month's music post.

* possibly have found something else to take pictures of, because I look at pictures I've taken like the ones below and remember that photography is fun. I don't want to think too much about that though, or else my lust for a digital SLR camera might bubble up. Someday I'll be able to afford to spend $700 on a camera, right? haha.




Oh well. Like everyone else, I could use the money, so it hasn't been all bad.

"You say we're friends so I'll just guard this heart. If I don't you might tear me apart." - Bowling For Soup, Guard My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment