Sunday, January 2, 2011

True Grit

I'm not one of those people who has a fond attachment to the original, because to be honest, I never saw it until two weeks ago. The trailer for the version out in theaters now looked awesome, so I asked my dad if he'd like to see it, and we watched the older one first.

I like this new one much better. The original is kind of...I don't know if the word I'm looking for is hokey or campy, but for a movie that mentions grit in the title, it's not very gritty. The new one has that in spades. It's much darker and less silly. Don't get me wrong, I liked them both, but if you don't have a lifetime of memories of the other version, I won't be surprised if you prefer the new one too.

My only complaint is that until yesterday the closest theaters playing it were 40 miles away, so we ended up not seeing it before Christmas as planned. What's up with that?


"I'm selfish and cold, and I feel like we're all pretending. Careless and I'm lonely again. And I am torn on the inside." - Revelation Theory, Selfish and Cold

No comments:

Post a Comment