Monday, September 14, 2009

York's Wild Kingdom

C, K, and I (along with K's husband and his friend) went to York's Wild Kingdom yesterday. It was the first time that any of us had been there for twenty years, and neither of the guys, having both grown up down south, ever went there. It's interesting to return to a place like that after so long. I have no idea what has changed, because my memories of the place are all a bit fuzzy.

The most amusing part of the zoo visit was the fact that K thought that this duck was following her. It was, but she thought it was acting in a sinister way. I think he was just hoping for food. On our bestest behavior, we didn't tell her that it was amused that she waddles like it does =) Nah, that joke would be more appropriate in another month or two.


I was sad to learn that K and JJ are going to be stationed in NC again early next year. Sigh. It was nice having them in Maine while it lasted. We're going to try to get together in November, before their baby is born.

After we left the zoo, we went to the beach for a while. York beach is almost as ugly as Hampton beach. This far north is not known for their beautiful beaches, and I find the idea of beaches lined with parking meters to be sort of depressing.

All in all it was a fun day. Who knew that I'd still be hanging out with friends from college a decade after I graduated. It's nice.


"And you and I will find that when I need you I need it quickly. In fact, you'll never know" - Manchester Orchestra, I've Got Friends <-- mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment