Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Deathly Hallows pt II


I finally got to see the movie...I'll explain why I wasn't up to it sooner in another post. I know a lot of purists were upset about changes from the book, but I didn't love the book so I'm not bothered. I'm bothered that they make a point of showing blue-eyed Harry with a voice over saying how much his eyes look like his mother's then immediately showing the brown-eyed girl they cast as his mother as a child, but that's my biggest nitpick.
It's hard to believe that the end has come... Has there ever been another movie franchise where people could literally watch the actors grow up? I'm looking forward to the inevitable box set this Christmas of both parts of Deathly Hallows. The Harry Potter movies are probably my favorite movie adaptations (True Blood for TV for somewhat fateful, and Haven for merely "based upon") of all.

I'm going to miss going to see the movies, to be honest. That's the bad thing about endings: even if the series was really good, eventually it comes to and end. sigh.


"I miss you, each day day day. I miss you, why does it have to be this way?" Feeder, Miss You

No comments:

Post a Comment